Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Well, the garden is buzzing and growing - soon all those tasty veggies will be on the table - this is the only part of summer I enjoy! Ah if we could but have the bounty without the heat I would think it perfect.
The birthday memories book - renamed from nothin but the girls - is about complete - just a dab here and there to go.
The outdoor world is eating into my art time but I think a gardening shed box is in the near future - just in keeping with my mood.
I have had a couple of questions about how I find out so much about the subjects of my books - I don't. I make it all up. The photos are of somebody - but no one knows who - I just make up the stories that I think there life would have been. It is only true in my mind - and I guess now in the artwork. The names, the ideas, the feelings, the events - all my interpretation of an alternate reality. For those of you thinking I was a great researcher - sorry - just my imagination running wild!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Random thought

My photo
Roeland Park, Kansas, United States
Life is short. We seek adventure where we can find it. If you would like to travel along - follow the crumbs we leave on the blog. Photographic Illustrations, bricolage art and Relic Hunting are our methods. If you don't have a good time - you aren't trying. "I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom; I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet