Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Snow for Spring

As you probably know, I love snow. Mist, fog, anything but clear blue skies. I like the texture and the sounds and the feel of the moisture on my face.
In summer, when there is nary a cloud I feel like the palette has been wiped clean and mother nature cannot think of a thing to say. Considering that she (in my world) is a female, how unlikely is that? A female with nothing to say? Just un-natural. So, we had light snow on Sunday - didn't really stick but still, just the act of falling and lightly layering the grass was enough to elicit a sigh and a smile.
I refuse to apologize for my taste in weather, men, pets or food. After all, this is my dream.
Mail art has been flowing so just wanted to share some of them -
True? or False?


You cannot tell it but I used an old stamp glassine envie over the photos for depth

Watercolor paper with oil pastels and double dip on the embossing powder

Embossed over photo then restamped and embossed again in clear

Embossed in 3 tones layered apart on embossing powder all on watercolor paper for texture

Mabel has mica over her - and it came through the mail without getting cracked up.

Oil pastels on watercolor paper
Love to share mailart. If you send me some of yours - I will send you some of mine. Getting back into a bit more gritty right now - and re-fallen in love with oil pastels and embossing.
And my arrivals have been scrumptious!


Til we meet again . . . .

1 comment:

Boo Cartledge said...

I adore the complexity of your work. So beautiful.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Random thought

My photo
Roeland Park, Kansas, United States
Life is short. We seek adventure where we can find it. If you would like to travel along - follow the crumbs we leave on the blog. Photographic Illustrations, bricolage art and Relic Hunting are our methods. If you don't have a good time - you aren't trying. "I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom; I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet